Some of your family members (known as ‘dependants’) may be able to apply to come and join you in the UK while you are studying on a Tier 4 visa at the RCM.
Your dependants can be:
- Your husband, wife or civil partner.
- Your unmarried partner.
- Your child under 18 years of age.
You are eligible to apply to bring dependants to the UK if you are one of the following:
- Studying a course at NQF Level 7 (ie Masters level) or above that lasts 12 months or longer.
- A government-sponsored student on a course that lasts 6 months or longer.
- On the Doctoral Extension Scheme.
You will need to be able to prove that you have enough money to support your dependant(s) during your course, without claiming public funds.
This is only a very brief summary of the rules on dependants. Detailed information on eligibility and how to apply for a dependant’s visa can be found on the UK Government website.